Sunday, March 11, 2007

How to Earn from Blogging

This post is dedicated to a dear friend who's been asking about passive income for the summer. I know there are many ways to earn other income, but I thought since he's taking his Masters in English Language Education and I want to encourage him to utilize blogging as a medium of communication with his students, I suggested that he should start blogging.

It's easy my dear friend!

Create a blog in 3 easy steps!

Step 1: Sign-up for a Google Account here. Your Google Account also gives you access to other Google services like Gmail, Picasa etc.
Step 2: Go to Blogger and sign-in using your Google Account.
Step 3: Create your blog.

And then you can start blogging away! Got loads of photos you want to share? Download Picasa! I just love using the "I'm feeling lucky" button to fix-up my photos. Plus the buttons at the bottom make it easy to upload chosen photos and directly blog (through Blogger) about it. And Picasa has increased storage to 1 GB! Yipeee!!!

BUT! Of course, you want to earn from your blog.

First, you have to sign-up for an Google Adsense account (you'll find a link inside Blogger.com).

When that's been approved, don't forget to install Google Adsense in your blog, you can tweak this in the "layout" section for each other blogs that you create. Click on "add a page element" and then choose "add Adsense". Don't forget to save your changes!

For tips on earning from Google Adsense, visit Ely's blog and get inspired as well with these stories:

What Google Adsense Bought Me
http://wildthoughtsfaq.blogspot.com/2007/03/what-google-adsense-bought-me.html

The House that Google Adsense Bought?
http://www.jozzua.com/2007/03/05/the-house-that-adsense-bought/

No comments:

Post a Comment