Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Awesome Ad



I saw this ad on TV when it first came out about a month ago and I must admit I still look forward to seeing it on TV (translation: I don't change the channel when it comes up) because it's catchy. What's awesome about it though is how it has been viewed over 200,000 times in about a month (added 2 Youtube channels that have it).

Now some might argue that number is small compared to when it's shown on TV where eyeballs would be much higher. BUT! I would argue back that the efficiency of message delivery would be much, much higher when the person searched for it and watched it with undivided attention online. (Do you actually really pay attention to TV ads in between show segments? I do when it's this ad and the McDonald's ad.)

I was quite ecstatic to see TVCs being placed on Youtube since it shows that agencies and advertisers are dabbling more and more on viral marketing. 

A great sample of this would be HP's Yetube campaign.

Up next: creating your Youtube channel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment