Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Internet & Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines Induction

Attended the induction of the officers and pioneer members of the Internet and Mobile Marketing Association of the Philippines held at Bed (or Bedspace?) at Greenbelt, Makati City. I was invited by it's chairman, Donald Lim, President & CEO of Yehey.com a few weeks ago when we met up.

IMMAP is a milestone undertaking which I believe will help shape the future of the internet and mobile marketing industry. They have a lot of ideas on what to do and will be doing their first planning session on December 16.


During the event I met up with my Women in Web buddies Janette Toral (Digitalfilipino.com), Abby Ongyanco-Lim (Virramall.com), Janette's sister, Jherlie who I had a chance of working with when I was still with DPC Yellow Pages, Yehey folks - Jonas, Eugene, Elaine and Jay. Met some of the IMMAP directors and officers like Norelyn Babiera (Fiera de Manila - who I worked with for some events), Arthur Policarpio (Global Wireless Connections), Mon Duremdes and Elmar Gomez (MobileArts) and Creissa Gutierrez (Tincan Mobile). Plus members of media from Writers Edge, Manila Bulletin and Business World.


And then I bumped into long-time colleague and friend, John Cuaycong. Couldn't believe it's been 5 years since I started full-time working for the internet industry and John was instrumental in getting my feet wet on online advertising (or was it a baptism of fire?).


The event had a warm, fuzzy feeling about it. The host was addressing everybody as "geeks, nerds, nagpapaka-geek, nagpapanggap na geek" and gave recognition to the fact that members of this industry are "magagaling".


Cool!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aileen! As always, it is great to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm, fuzzy feeling eh? Now that's the kind of event worth going to.

    ReplyDelete